Redragon is one of the leading manufacturers of gaming keyboards in the world. They offer a wide range of models, from standard keyboards to gaming, wireless, and USB keyboards. Today, we will discuss everything you need to know about Redragon keyboards which will include guides to using Redragon keyboards more effectively and frequently asked questions about Redragon keyboards.
Table of Contents
How to Change Color on Redragon Keyboard
If you want to change the color of your Keyboard, it may be very easy for some people, but if you’re not familiar with this process, you might have problems changing the colors on your Keyboard. If you don’t understand how to do it, you can go through this guide to learn how to change color on your Redragon keyboard.
Change Color on Redragon Keyboard by Using Software
If your Redragon keyboard supports companion software customization, then this method will be best for you to change the color of the Redragon keyboard. Just follow these steps in my guide:
- You need the official Redragon keyboard managing software named REDRAGON ZONE in the first step.
- Download it and install the software on your computer.
- After installation, run the program and find out the color section in the software user interface menu.
- You can change the color on your Redragon keyboard to the available colors on your Redragon keyboard.
- After selecting your desired color, save the settings and close the software.
By following these guidelines, you can easily change the color of your Redragon keyboard by yourself. This method needs the keyboard companion software, but you can also change the color on your Redragon keyboard without using the software as mentioned below.
Steps To Changing Colors On Your Redragon Keyboard Without Software:
To change the color of your Redragon keyboard without using any software, just follow these simple steps:
- Press Fn + F7 or Fn + F8 (depending on which model you own)
- Select the color you like
- Press Fn + F9 to save changes
In this way, you can easily change the color of the Redragon keyboard without using any software. Read more about How to change the color of the Redragon keyboard.
How to Fix Redragon Keyboard Keys Not Working
There can be two possible common reasons for Redragon keyboard keys not working. First, it may be due to misconfiguration of the Keyboard and incorrect keyboard settings. And the second reason can be that it is due to some hardware failure today. We will both of these issues for how to fix the Redragon keyboard keys not working.
How to Fix Redragon Keyboard Keys Not Working
The easiest way to fix the Redragon keyboard keys not working is to reset the Redragon keyboard. That will erase all the customizations, and it will also revoke back all the keyboard settings. And your Keyboard will start to work fine.
- Connect your Redragon keyboard to the computer.
- Press the Fn key + Esc key combination for three to five seconds.
- It will trigger the Redragon keyboard reset procedure.
- And now your Redragon keyboard settings got restored.
- If it does not work, try the Fn key + PRTSC (Print Screen) key combination for a few seconds.
- Now your Redragon keyboard is restored to its factory default settings.
In this way, you can fix the Redragon keyboard keys not working by resetting the Keyboard. Read also How to Reset Redragon Keyboard
How to Fix Redragon Keyboard Keys Not Working
The second method to fix Redragon keyboard keys not working is based on physical procedures. There are multiple reasons for Redragon keyboard keys not working, like broken keys, broken keycaps, etc. You have to diagnose your Redragon keyboard, and then you can fix your Redragon keyboard keys not working.
- First, check out which keys are not working.
- If the most used keys are not working, then try to replace these keys.
- If random keys are not working, then check out if you can press the keys completely.
- Replace keycaps and clean the Keyboard. Also, watch the keyboard PCB board with some cleaning agent, not with water.
- If most of the keys are not working, then it will be a good idea to change your Keyboard or go-to mechanic.
These steps can help you how to fix Redragon keyboard keys not working.
Does Redragon Keyboard Work on PS4
Yes, Redragon keyboards work on PS4 since not all the models can work with PS4, but most of the high-end Redragon keyboard models are fully functional with PS4, and some are partially compatible with PS4 since they can work with PS4 but not all the functions are functional.
To check whether the Redragon keyboard supports PS4 or not, check out the keyboard manual for its operating system compatibility.
How to Connect Redragon Keyboard to PS4
It is quite simple to connect the Redragon keyboard to a PS4. Just follow these steps to connect your Redragon keyboard to the PS4.
- If you have a USB keyboard, then insert the keyboard USB cable to the PS4 USB port.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Check keyboard indicator lights are working well.
- Now your Redragon keyboard got connected to the PS4.
- And if you have a wireless Redragon keyboard, insert the wireless USB dongle into the USB port of the PS4.
- Turn on the Redragon keyboard.
- Wait to connect the USB dongle to the Keyboard.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Check if you can turn on/off the keyboard indicator lights.
- If yes, then you have successfully connected your Redragon keyboard to the PS4.
These are the few simple steps to connect the Redragon keyboard to PS4.
How to Lock the Windows Key on Redragon Keyboard
Windows key plays an important role in inputting information into the computer. Furthermore, it also has a lot of shortcut combinations with other keys to perform specific commands. Sometimes these command shortcuts can disturb your typing or gaming experience due to the Windows key. To keep this kind of distraction away, experts recommend locking the Windows key and unlocking it when you want. Here is the step-by-step guide to locking the Windows key on the Redragon keyboard.
- Press Fn key + left Windows key combination. It will lock the left Windows key.
- Or try the Fn key + F6 key combination. It will lock the Windows key on your Redragon keyboard.
- You can unlock the Windows key on your Redragon keyboard by repeating this procedure again.
These are a few simple steps to lock and unlock the Windows key on the Redragon keyboard. Note that this method will lock the key on your Redragon keyboard, not your computer.
How to Program Redragon Keyboard
Redragon keyboard has a built-in programming feature that allows you to program your own custom key mapping. This means you can create your own special function keys like media volume control, game controller buttons, etc.
You can use the following methods to program the Redragon keyboard. These methods are easy to learn, so don’t worry about the difficulty level.
Programming Method 1: Use the Programming Software
The first way to program your own custom keys on the Redragon keyboard is by using the software provided by Redragon itself. The software is called “Keyboard Editor.” It is available free from the Redragon website.
Use the software steps to program your own custom button on the Redragon keyboard.
- Download the software from here.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Click on the ‘Start’ icon at the top right corner.
- Select the ‘Run as administrator option.
- After opening the software click on the ‘File’ menu item.
- Then select the ‘New…’ option.
- A new window will appear. Select the ‘Standard Button’ option.
- In the next window, enter the name of the button.
- For example, I entered ‘Media Volume Up.’
- Then press OK.
This completes the process. Now you can see all three options (Left, Right, Middle) under the Media Volume Up button.
To remove the button, simply repeat the same steps but instead of selecting the Standard Button option, select the Remove button.
Now you can assign any function to the button. For example, I assigned the button to change the volume. So whenever I press the button, it will increase the audio volume.
To add more buttons, just follow the above-mentioned steps.
If you cannot find the ‘Remove button’ option, you need to download the latest version of the software.
Programming Method 2: Using the Custom Key Mapping Tool
Another way to program your own customized key mapping on the Redragon keyboard is through the custom key mapping tool.
- First, open the web browser and navigate to the following link. On the page which opens after clicking on the link, there is a box where you can type the text for the button. Type the text for the button you want to map.
- If you do not know what to write, then search online for the desired text.
- Once you have typed the text, press the ‘Add’ button.
- That’s it! Your custom key mapping is ready.
- Now you can save the custom key mapping by pressing the ‘Save’ button.
- Now go back to the main screen. Click on the ‘Customize Keys’ tab.
- There you can see all the custom key mappings created earlier. Press the ‘Edit’ button to edit them.
- Push the ‘Delete’ button to delete the selected key mapping.
- Press the “OK” button to confirm the deletion.
- Now you can see all four options (left, right, middle, and home).
- Use these options to customize your Redragon keyboard.
In this way, your program custom keys on your mechanical Keyboard using a key mapping tool. This method will not only work with the Redragon keyboard. It also works with other mechanical keyboards having macro key programming functionality.
Programming Method 3: Using the Online Custom Key Mapping Tool.
An additional third method is to program your own custom mapping on the Redragon keyboard. This method uses an online custom key mapping tool. Here you can create your own custom key mapping without downloading any software or installing anything.
You can easily create your own custom key mappings using this online tool. To use this tool, you need to register with the service provider. Once registered, you can access the tool from anywhere in the world via the internet.
The tool allows you to create custom key mappings for both left and right sides of the Keyboard. You can also create custom key mappings that work like media controls. For example, you can make the media control buttons act like volume up/down buttons.
To create a custom key mapping using this tool, follow the below-given instructions.
- Go to the official site of the tool and sign up for an account.
- When you log into the tool, you will be asked to choose between two types of accounts – Basic and Premium. Choose whichever one suits your needs.
- After choosing the account type, click on ‘Create New Account.
- Enter your email address and password. Now enter the name under which you wish to receive notifications about the new key mappings.
- Click on ‘Next Step.’
- Choose the language you wish to use for creating the key mappings.
- Select the number of keys you wish to include in the key mapping.
- Now you can start adding your own custom key mappings.
- For each key mapping, you can set the shortcut key as well as the action associated with the key.
- To add a new key mapping, first select the key you wish to map. Then select the ‘+ Add Key Mapping’ option.
- In the next window, you can specify the key mapping details.
- Here you can assign a shortcut key to the key mapping.
- Also, you can specify whether the key should perform the default function or the specified function.
- You can also specify the action associated with the mapped key.
- Finally, you can select the color for the key mapping.
- You can now save the key mapping by clicking on ‘Save.’
- Now you can view all the key mappings saved earlier.
- To remove a key mapping, simply select the key mapping and click on ‘Remove.’
- This will remove the key mapping from the list.
Note: The above steps are only for the basic version of the tool. If you want to get premium features, then you have to pay a monthly subscription fee.
Once you have created your desired key mappings, you can download them as an a.txt file. These files can be used to update the existing key mappings on your Keyboard. If you do not want to use the online tool, you can manually edit the registry settings.
Please note that if you change the registry settings, it may cause some problems. So before making changes to the registry, please back up the registry settings.
Steps to Update Registry Settings.
- Open Regedit from the Start menu and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Redragon\Keyboard.
- Open the folder named “Custom Keys.”
- Locate the key named “CustomKeys.”
- Name the string value as “CustomKeys. “
- Double-click on the newly added string value and paste the following values.
- Value Name: CustomKeys
- Data Type: REG_SZ
- Value Data:
- Close the registry editor, and restart the computer.
This will enable you to use the customized key mappings on your PC.
Using the online tool is easier than editing the registry settings manually. However, if you want more customization options, then you need to go through the manual process.
However, if you are looking for a simple solution, then using the online tool is the best choice.
So, what do you think? Do you prefer using the online tool or editing the registry settings? Share your views in the comments section below!
How to Clean Redragon Keyboard
The Redragon keyboards are one of the most popular gaming keyboards available today. It comes with a wide range of customizable features and advanced technology. But due to its high price tag, many gamers don’t like buying this Keyboard.
But there is no need to worry because we have come up with an easy way to clean the Redragon keyboard. In fact, cleaning the Redragon keyboard is quite easy. All you need to do is follow these simple steps.
- First, turn off the power supply to the Keyboard.
- Then unplug the USB cable from the Keyboard.
- Turn on the power supply again and plug in the USB cable.
- Wait until the Keyboard starts working normally.
- After that, disconnect the power supply once again.
- Now you can start cleaning the Keyboard.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe away any dust particles.
- Clean it with wet cleaning agents too.
- Note it is not recommended to use water or electronically conductive things to clean the Keyboard.
- Don’t forget to dry the Keyboard after each step.
- After cleaning the Keyboard, make sure to store it in a safe place.
- Doing so will help prevent any damage to the Keyboard.
Cleaning keyboards can greatly protect your keyboards from slow and steady disasters, and it also helps us to increase the life span of our mechanical keyboards. Also, read Can Mechanical Keyboard be Repaired, Common Problems and Their Solutions.
How to program Redragon mouse
The Redragon mice are also very popular among gamers. They offer a wide array of customizable features and advanced technologies. But they are expensive. That’s why many people avoid buying them.
However, there is no need to feel bad about it because we have come up with an easy way of programming the Redragon mouse buttons.
In order to program the mouse buttons, you first need to connect the mouse to the computer.
- First, download Redragon mouse software from here.
- Install it on your computer. And run the program.
- Next, click on the option labeled “Mouse Button Setup.”
- A new window will appear.
- Here, you can choose between two different methods.
- You can either select the default method or the custom method.
- Select the custom method by clicking on the button marked “Custom.”
- If you wish to change the mouse button functionality, click on ‘Change Functionality.’
- Select the desired function for the button from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the button marked” Apply Settings.”
- That’s all! Now you can enjoy it!
Programming the mouse buttons is quite easy. However, some users may find it difficult to understand how to do it. So, if you are having trouble understanding the instructions, then you should try reading the instructions carefully before starting the process.
Also, keep in mind that the mouse buttons cannot be programmed while the mouse is connected to the computer.
So, if you want to use the mouse buttons, then you should disconnect the mouse from the computer before programming the mouse buttons.
Is Redragon K552 Hot Swappable
No, since it is a budget-friendly keyboard, Redragon K552 is not a hot-swappable keyboard. Due to this, Redragon does not include hot-swappable switches in the Redragon K552 keyboard.
Conclusion: Redragon Keyboards
These are some important questions and their answer about Redragon keyboards. Redragon has been one of the most trusted brands for years now. It was founded back in 2008. The Redragon offers a variety of products under its name. Among those products, the best-known ones are gaming keyboards.
Redragon is well-known for its affordable yet high-quality gaming keyboards. If you are looking for a good gaming keyboard at a reasonable price, then Redragon is definitely worth checking out.
I hope this article helped you learn something great about Redragon keyboards. Do let me know what you think about these keyboards in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to share this post with your friends. Regards “Everything You Need to Know About Redragon Keyboards.”